Building Blox IT was formed in September 2007 by two directors with 40+ years of computing experience in the following fields;
- Software Development - C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Java, Cobol, C/C++, PHP, Perl, Visual Basic, Objective-C.
- Platform Integration - Windows 2003/2008 Server, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS-X, Windows Mobile, iOS (iPhone/iPad).
- Development Methodologies - PRINCE2, Agile Methodologies.
- Business Analysis - Object Oriented Design & Development (OOD, RAD, JAD).
- Database development and administration - SQL Server 2005/2008, MySQL 4/5, Oracle 6-10x.
- Web Server Administration - IIS, Apache, lighttpd, Tomcat.
- Specialised Consultancy - Storage Solutions, Content Managed Solutions (CMS), Smart Cards.
The company was initially formed to create a line of hardware / software products that could be remotely managed based around a leasing/rental model. The initial offering is based around an automated backup solution, both on and off site for small to medium sized businesses (SME's). The product itself ("BLOX") is specifically designed to be non pc form factor, low power consumption (green), compact and wall mountable, making it akin to a switch or other infrastructure device. The software portion of the product features our own Debian Linux distribution and a web based management application.
As well as the product based approach we are capable of producing bespoke servers, such as rack mount and large storage volume servers. We have recently produced custom servers on behalf of the RiskSTOP group.
During the first quarter of 2008, the company deployed the first installation of Aristos (Content Management System) to a customer, this is one of the first pure software products to have been brought to market. Since then, further clients have signed up to the product and development continues on enhancements for future releases. This product is sold as part of a Joint Venture with our creative design partner Resolution Creative Media Ltd, based in London.
As part of the companies objectives, the product model is geared around generating sufficient income for the directors to focus on further product development in new markets of their choice, as well as the commercial realisation of existing prototypes.
In 2010 the company deployed the first of CosMoS, a content management system developed using MVC and Microsoft .NET. Since this initial deployment, several clients have expanded their web prescence using CosMoS and Building Blox's hosting platforms.
In 2011 the company began consultancy in the East Midlands, following a succesful relocation of one of the Directors. Building Blox IT are now capable of providing their consultancy services across most of the UK, bringing their unique approach to problem solving to more SME's than ever.
Below you will find example CV's and LinkedIN profiles for the directors, which demonstrate the breadth of experience on offer.